Thursday, April 26

Seafood Boil

Some of my good friends started a tradition last year: Seafood boil to celebrate Easter! It is the perfect way to break Lent and it is the most community-minded way I can think of to eat dinner.

I haven't been to a seafood boil since I was living in New Orleans.  It's such a strange experience. So many pounds of crawfish and boiled vegetables just hanging out on a table! It is the complete opposite of how you normally dine! Mussels, sausage, shrimp, clams, crabs, potatoes, green beans, zucchini. Oh and a ton of limes. It wasn't exactly what I had in New Orleans, but it was a really fun night!

My pretty friend Ruthy also blogged about our Seafood boil! I'm in the very bottom photo with a yellow sweater and an excited expression.

Maybe we can have a New Orleans themed night with Jambalaya, Red Beans and Po Boys! Yummm it sounds so good!


1 comment: